Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Our oldest son got his permit today........

OMG....how did this happen?  When did he grow up??  :)

I will always remember the chunky little 8 year old boy who came to live with us....and when I look at this young MAN (tall and thin I might add) who he has turned into it is truly hard to believe.  Robert and Faith came to us for respite in the summer of 2004.  Soon after that, it was determined that they were going to need an adoptive home.  We wanted them and Robert told his social worker that he wanted to be adopted by us; so, we truly "picked" each other.

As I write this I have tears streaming.  Tammy and I are so proud of him.  It is hard to believe that he will be enlisting so soon...but as Mom always said " you give them roots, but you also give them wings." 

2 comments:

  1. So he's 12 ? :) My wife grew up driving MUCH younger than that on her farm. ha ha
    She was 8 or 9 when her dad tied a block to the pedals so that her legs could reach.

    This is surely a happily ever after story for those kids. It warms my heart to hear these stories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol-he is 16; our farm is pretty small (3 acres) so the only thing that he has been driving is the riding lawnmower!

    And thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete