Friday, January 27, 2012

One year without cable......

On February 1st, it will have been one year since we have had cable/satellite. I can’t believe that we have made it.  Do we miss it?  Sure we do, especially since the colder weather has set in; and we are contemplating getting Dish Network next month.  But, I have to say that we have mixed feelings about it.  I love the way that I have watched our children’s imaginations grow with no TV to rely upon.  Sure, they have watched some movies, but certainly not every day and not on a “regular” basis like they did when we had TV in the home.

Until we moved to our little farm, Tammy and I had always lived “in town;” and have pretty much always lived in a large town…Lexington, Nashville, Albuquerque…so having cable and high speed internet was just a given.  Well, there is no regular cable service out here, and our “wireless” internet does not work unless it is plugged in..and it is certainly not very fast at that.  So, it has been quite an adjustment… for all of us. 

2 comments:

  1. This is my dream life ! Thanks for letting me read about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I loved watching your TV show a few years ago. It was refreshing to see a same-sex couple with multiple kids who were "making it." :)

    ReplyDelete