Tuesday, March 6, 2012

The 6th day of the month

So..a wise old man once told me that major changes in a person's life should take place on the 6th day of the month.  So...in my progression of learning to take care of myself again (very difficult when you are a foster parent); I have used this logic.  And this month I am very energized about this concept..major changes ahead...I am trying to get my girl on board with the health part of this, but as I was on the treadmill this morning at 5am; she was laying in bed watching me while eating her waffles...oh well; small steps I suppose; at least she was awake :)

Our little farm has reminded me of what one needs to do to be healthy; both mentally and physically.  My job has also done the same.  Every Wednesday I sit in committee and I am reminded of the MANY comorbidities that accompany obesity, and I have pretty crappy genes, so it is imperative that I do all that I can to counter this process.  I also think that our farm has rejuvenated my dad and given him a "project."  One of the elders at his church is even giving us a goat milking stand and my father is getting back to his farming roots through helping us. As with most people, he does much better with a purpose, and I see a new light in his eyes that I have not seen for a very long time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment