Monday, May 21, 2012

What a busy week...

We have been incredibly productive this week on our farm; but my never-ending "to do" list is still more than half-full.  We have planted all of our vegetables and herbs, weeded our berries, tilled 1/2 acre for the grapes, trimmed the goats' hooves, had a baby goat, cleaned up our fence lines, wrapped up our school year, worked on our business plan and made some decisions in regard to our "direction," cleaned the barn (daily), cleaned the house (nearly daily-with all of these kids.....), milked the goats, bathed the dogs, along with caring for a houseful of kids and my "regular" job...and I wonder why I am exhausted?  :)

But I love this new life.  It is not what I EVER imagined that I would be doing...but as Tammy's new favorite phrase says "I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think that I have ended up where I intended to be."  (Douglas Adams)

Oh, and on top of all of this, we have decided to "officially" get married in D.C.; the place of Tammy's birth.  The kids are thrilled with this, which makes it even better.  I have been shopping for vintage wedding dresses, and I can't wait to put these boys in tuxes.

3 comments:

  1. And I can't WAIT to see pictures.
    Yay for you guys.
    But...who will tend the farm ? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) It will probably be a 2013 wedding...we will have been together 15 years next year, so why not make it official, right? And it will probably take us that long to convince a friend to stay with " the farm."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that why you're coming to VA? Congrats to you both!

    ReplyDelete