Saturday, February 18, 2012

BABIES

We woke up this morning to 2 baby goats; Javier and Jorge.  They are absolutely adorable.  Tammy had checked on their mama, Nina, at about and she was “moany” but she has been like that for a few days.  Well..we headed out to the barn at around and there they were.  She had already cleaned them and everything.  I tied off their umbilical cords and they were ready to go.  They have been very cold so I put the boys’ PJ tops on them; and it looks pretty darn cute J

Well..if Nina continues to act aloof with them..Tammy and I will officially be foster parents again…feeding them bottles every 4 hours and the whole bit.  Nina is a first time mom, so this is not really unusual behavior.  But she is, at least, letting them cuddle with her, so we do hope that she is coming around.  We went to Tractor Supply this morning, just in case, to purchase some colustrum and bottles. 

I had gone to the grocery this morning, so Sawyer asked if I had stopped and bought them while I was out.  We told him that Nina had them, and the questions have begun...good grief...hadn't thought about this part of farming...Sawyer aka "Preacher" is very confused.

1 comment: