Sunday, July 15, 2012

Chchchanges

Because of my lack of patience, I often get frustrated and feel that we should be further along in this process....both Tammy and I are ready to make goat cheese, make lotion and soap and get the ball rolling.  But when I take a deep breath and look around at all of the changes that we have made already, not only in regard to the farm; but homesteading and becoming more "green"and it really is significant.  Little changes really do add up....we haven't used a dryer since March and line-dry all of our clothes, haven't used a dishwasher in over a year, use cloth napkins, we are re-sealing our baseboards to save energy, we don't use our central air conditioner, we can a lot of our own food, we only use eggs off of our farm, make our own noodles, bake a lot of our bread, have given up cable (since March 2011), and spent a great majority of our time in the great outdoors.  However, two things that I will never give up are highlights and the internet. :)

Here is a photo of Sawyer on his 4th birthday; just because I like it.  He is always so serious and it is nice to him being silly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment